All around consulting for successful internationalisation
We consult companies regarding internationalisation – overall as well as regarding development of market strategies for single countries or regions. In both cases we work holistically according to our end-to-end approach as idle potentials may result from generally lacks in international orientation as well as from operative or single decisions with great impact.
Structure and operations
We consult companies regarding selection of the respectively best organisation principle: internationally represented, multinationally operating, acting transnationally or globally integrated.
Based on this the appropriate internationalisation programme – will be prepared individually customised on the company as well as their strategic starting and target level.
In this respect the operative business model is adjusted on the promotion of the international business:
- Analysis of operation and steering procedures in the country organisations, selected central areas as well as international interfaces
- Adjustment of relevant roles, decision processes, standards, reporting structures, voting procedures
- Depiction of constructive approaches for employee development
For companies represented abroad via distributors or agents we restructure the mutual information flow or review the contracts.
Thus we create a closer co-operative collaboration.
An interesting alternative for brand companies with potential estimations below critical benchmarks for own branches: Thanks to the suballiance approach you can develop local brand partnerships with local steering opportunities – similar to an own branch but with distinctively lower structure costs.
Profitable and sustainable growth abroad is the result of marketing strategies knowing company capacities and local market preferences prioritising, balancing them and taking advantage of them consistently.
With Gravitate we have developed and tested a three level growth strategy approach for international markets in this respect
- Success factor hypothesis
These consider entrepreneurial strengths, market structure and consumer preferences. For the development we employ the inside-out- and outside-in- procedure.
- Potential success factors in the market
They are tested and assessed individually.
- Capacity-preference matrix
Herewith possible strategy types can be identified:
- Backing strategy: high congruence of market structures and preferences between target and established markets
- Creative strategy: high degree of freedom for local strategies within the global strategy
- Priority strategy: high willingness to answer specific local preferences also centrally
We structure backing strategies with shading and minor changes deducted from success models in other countries. In case of creativity and priority strategies we follow our brand & consumer centricity approach – for creative strategies on national level, for priority strategies on local and central level.